Business Intelligence Implementation for Government Hospitals in the Middle East
- It became necessary to obtain a single source of truth via a unified BI dashboard for the various hospitals under the ministry
- A need was felt for a platform which could help monitor the KPIs associated with various high and low activity areas
- With the analytics cum business intelligence solution- tcg mcube; we helped the hospitals to analyze and visualize multiple KPIs
Project Impact and Outcomes
- KPI’s were implemented for 76 High Acuity and 125 Low Acuity areas
High Acuity Area KPIs: ICU, PICU, NICU, Operating Theatre, Recovery room, Cardiac Care Units, High Dependency Units, Emergency Departments, Labour & Delivery, etc.
Low Acuity Area KPIs: Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Administration, Ward Management, Endoscopy, Dialysis, etc.
- Some of the KPIs include postoperative sepsis incidence, readmission for complication or infection, central line-associated bloodstream infection, urinary catheter-related infection, ventilator associated pneumonia, severe acute renal failure, nurse to patient ratio, bed turnover ratio, crude ICU mortality, caseload per physician, ventilated patient day rate