Trade scheme effectiveness analysis for a top CPG company
A leading white goods company wanted a solution to assess the effectiveness of various trade schemes given to dealers and distributors with the overall aim of scheme rationalization and ROI maximization.
- The solution used multivariate analysis to understand the impact and effectiveness of existing schemes.
- The effectiveness was assessed based on the ability of any scheme to drive a revenue increase, impact on gross contribution and improvement in saliency.
- The effectiveness was assessed for each region and product category separately. It was also assessed at a dealer category level.
- Using the above analysis, the solution recommendations include the optimal mix of schemes for a defined business goal, factoring in impact of festive periods and seasonality.
The algorithms driving the trade scheme effectiveness analysis was done leveraging the advanced analytics available in tcg mcube, our proprietary analytics platform. The results of the analysis and the associated recommendations were displayed on dashboards that leveraged the existing technology investments of the client.
Project Impact and Outcomes
- Our approach drove the following key insights for the business.
Increase in overall gross contribution
- Overall scheme rationalization by removing non-effective schemes.